Key CriteriaSwiss/EU National | Fluent in French & English | Additional European languages beneficial | 5 years experience within team management, sponsorship sales or business development | Full driving licence
Frequent TravelFrequent European Travel
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specializing in professional sailing and outdoor events (road running, trail running, triathlon and amateur cycling). The company can be found in every outdoor arena: oceans, lakes, mountains, deserts and city centres. Operating from offices in Switzerland, France, the UK, the USA and China, OC Sport is an award-winning and leading event management company and rights holder. OC Sport also manages competitive teams and provides consultancy to global brands, host venues and event organizers. Every year, OC Sport's international team organizes 200+ days of competition across 25 events and 5 continents.
The Sponsorship Manager / Director will work across the following outdoor events:
• Haute Route Cycling Series (11 events in 2018)
• Harmony Geneva Marathon for Unicef
• La Tour Geneva Triathlon
• Geneva 20 Km by Genève Aéroport
• French Riviera Marathon (Nice-Cannes)
• All other confirmed outdoor events
The Sponsorship Manager / Director will work on our outdoor events portfolio. She/he will ensure the strong commercial development of OC Sport outdoor properties. The successful candidate will gain extensive experience in all sponsor-related areas within a dynamic a fast-growing organisation while bringing an essential “can-do” attitude. The Sponsorship Manager / Director will lead a team of 3-4 members.
The role will encompass, but will not be restricted to, the following responsibilities:
• Lead and manage the Commercial / Sponsorship Team to make sure objectives are reached for each outdoor sports property
• Be responsible for overall commercial budget (sponsors, corporate packages, exhibitions, etc)
• Manage the entire sponsorship sales process from prospecting to deal closing
• Use creative thinking, research and benchmark to constantly refresh and improve OC Sport value proposition for sponsors
• Act as the go-to contact for difficult enquiries, troubleshooting, and key commercial-related decisions
• Swiss or EU National
• Fluency in English and French (either native or strong command) is mandatory, any additional European languages would be an asset (German, Spanish, Italian)
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience within team management, commercial / sponsorship sales, account management, or business development
• Ability to lead a team and empower people in a highly competitive environment
• Ability to find solutions and act with tact in a high pressure project/event environment
• Be a sales hunter, ie pro-actively engage with prospects and close deals
• Excellent reporting skills ie activities tracking, performance analysis and budget management
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage time effectively
• Willingness to work on-site at events throughout the year and an appetite for travel is essential
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent knowledge of sport business in general and particularly endurance sports is a plus
• Full Driving license is mandatory
How to Apply
Your application MUST be in English, include a CV/resume, detail which intern role you are applying for, confirm your nationality/work permit status and tell us a little bit about you:
• What’s the bravest thing you have ever done?
• What is your proudest achievement?
• What sports do you enjoy and/or clubs you are involved in?
Make sure you answer each of the questions shown above, either in writing or in a video, then simply email your application to email@example.com