Key CriteriaUk or EU national | Fluent in both written and spoken English | Graduate of college/art school | Degree in graphic/production design or relevant work experience
Deadline27 October 2017
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and event management company specialising in: professional sailing, outdoor events (currently cycling and running) managing competitive teams and athletes on and off the water, and provides consultancy to brands, host venues and other events. Our offices in the UK, France, Singapore and Switzerland, form the OC Sport Group.
Joining the team as a Graphic Designer you will be involved in providing beautifully executed branding solutions for our events and sponsor brands. This role will join, a small, but really important and busy team servicing the branding, graphic design and web design across all our events and business needs.
Whether you are developing artwork and it's associate components (artwork proofs, samples and mock ups etc.), utilising industry graphic packages, preparing print ready concepts, managing artwork projects, or supporting the wider teams you will provide the essential artwork input.
This will involve, but is not restricted to, the following:
• Support the Design Team in the overall provision of design support
• Design materials for multiple projects in a fast paced environment
• Meet with design, commercial and event staff on projects, technical specifications and deadlines
• Translate conceptual ideas (business needs and user goals) into design
• Ensure continuity between marketing materials and across a variety of platforms
• Work alongside other designers and web developers to maintain design consistency
• Produce print collateral such as: signage, print ads, internal and external marketing materials, magazines and official guides, as well as web and screen based design
• Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
• Manage multiple priorities and work to tight deadlines
• UK or EU National
• Fluent in English (verbal/written)
• Graduate of college or art school with degree in graphic/production design or relative work experience
• Knowledge of design programs such as Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
• Good communication and listening skills with the ability to explain your thoughts with colleagues and stakeholders
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with a strong attention to detail
• Good organisational skills and self-motivated personality with the ability to work to tight deadlines, cope with event pressures, and manage their own time effectively, who can take instruction and work well within a small and hard-working team
• Knowledge of print/pre-press production is an advantage
• A passion for sport and knowledge of the sailing/cycling/running universe is an advantage